Read this aerial photography ultimate guide to learn how to take aerial photos. By the end of this ultimate guide, you will be able to showcase stunning aerial images of landscapes, architecture, and more! So, whether you are using aircraft or drones to shoot aerial pictures, you will benefit from this ultimate guide to aerial photography.
What is Aerial Photography?
Aerial photography (or airborne photography) is a type of photography that captures airborne images from aircraft or other airborne platforms.
Traditional aerial photography captured photos from aircraft like helicopters and planes. However, nowadays, aerial photography is done using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), better known as drones.
Make Your Photos Better
Do Your Aerial Photos Look Imperfect?
Work With a Photo Editing Company to Fix Issues Like Lighting, Dull Background Due to Weather, and Much More!
Ultimate Guide to Aerial Photography
Let’s begin the ultimate aerial photography guide with some must-follow tips.
Top Tips for Successful Aerial Photography
- Choose your aerial photography equipment wisely.
- Choose the right lenses and keep a spare camera body.
- Use drones for accessible and sustainable aerial photography.
- Go higher and farther with airplanes for aerial photography.
- Use helicopters for nimble aerial photography.
- Make sure the appropriate authorities approve your drone or aircraft flight.
- Ensure your settings are correct before shooting.
- Take care of unavoidable issues in photo editing.
- Schedule your aerial photography according to the sun’s position.
- Shoot out an open door or window when possible.
- Secure your equipment and gear before takeoff.
- Shoot aerial photos using a high shutter speed.
- As the light dims, shoot at a higher ISO.
- Shoot as many photos as possible and save the critique for later.
In conclusion, aerial photography is a difficult but satisfying discipline of photography. I hope you learned how to take aerial photographs. If you enjoyed reading this aerial photography ultimate guide, let me know in the comments below. Thanks in advance!